Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Big Picture


I realize in life, we don't always see the big picture and know why things happen the way they do. Our dog, Jake, that passed away in October, was TERRIFIED of storms. This drove me crazy. Just imagine a 100 lb lab trying to sneak up in your bed during a storm. My vet suggested Benadryl. I thought that was crazy, but we bought some, and amazingly, it worked. Fast forward to today, May 25. Bobby was on his four-wheeler and some insect got under his shirt and stung him.Obviously on a four-wheeler you can't just whip off your shirt as you are driving down the road and check it out, so he waited a few minutes until he could get back to the shed and let me look. It had already swelled and formed a HUGE whelt(SP????). then his hands and feet began to tingle and his upper lip started to swell. So I quickly remembered the Benadryl and gave him 2. It took a few minutes (seemed like an eternity) for it to kick in. In the meantime, he got this rash all over his chest,feet, and neck. You know, when I was questioning the sanity of my vet and buying that Benadryl, had i been able to see the big picture, I would have bought a case. So thanks, Big Jake, for looking out for us, even when you're not here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment