Monday, May 10, 2010

Thanks WBC

On Sunday I was privileged to attend the dedication of my great nephew, Rader. Mother's Day is not one of my favorite holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother and am more thankful for her everyday, but Mother's Day is a constant reminder of something I will never be. Before the service, they had a video honoring all mothers. They even had a clip for "mothers" that had no biological children of their own. These were praised for being mentors for all children in their lives. I hope I have been a good influence on my nieces and nephews, and now young Rader. I also hope I have had a positive effect on the children that have passed through my doors into my classroom. Thank you Westwood Baptist Church for making me feel like a mother:)

2 comments:

  1. You HAVE been an amazing role model for me and I live a couple hours away! I can't even imagine the impact you have made on those you have been around daily! Love you lots!! (and so does Rader!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second what Court said... You have had a great impact in my life and we live away.. I can assure you that you have made an impact in to the lives of hundreds!!!! Thanks for all you have done for me.. I look up to you SO MUCH!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete